Monday, May 28, 2012

SO HERE IT IS!!

Well hello everyone!! Here is my long lost post that I have needed to do for many months now. There is sooo much to update I have no clue where to even start... I guess its like when you scrap book if you are way behind. You start with the most recent and work your way back right? There is no way in the world that I will be able to remember EVERYTHING that has happened but I can assure you that I shall do my best!

Firstly, I'm PREGO! We're having a little boy in October. I'm 6 days away from my half way mark and I'm soooo excited. Well WE'RE so excited! This little guy truly is a blessing and we cannot even wait to meet him. Yes, I do have a little bit of a baby bump. But I'm told that if you were to look at me you wouldn't think anything of it (though I already feel massive).

Here is a picture of our little guy! (That was at 16 weeks so I can't wait to see what he looks like now!)



Its still not real to me. I honestly don't think it really will be until I'm holding him in my arms.

So... The story of finding out what little man was.

(Gotta give some background info first)

Oakly wanted a boy so bad I think he was going to cry. Every second he got he would call "baby" (at the time) HIM and HE and what not. He wouldn't let anyone say he was a girl because he just KNEW that his first child would be a boy. I felt the same way. I always called him... him... and I just always felt that he was a boy. HOWEVER, we did some very thorough old wives tale research... extensive if you will... and everything that we found out was that this little guy had all the signs of being a little girl. I was sooooooo sick in my first trimester... honestly. Any of you women who don't get morning sickness... I'm going to key your car. JK.. But I'm jealous of you. Its the most awful thing in the world. I have never thrown up so much in my entire life... literally. (Thank you Aubs for making me feel better with another old wives tale that if you're super sick, baby is super healthy!) Anywho...... So that pointed to a girl because supposidley you get more sick with little girls.

Next... When we heard his heart beat it was really fast. Number two old wives tale. Faster heart beat = little girl, slower heart beat= little boy.

AND Next... My friend Kellie (who is also having a little boy) looked up my "Oriental Prego Calendar" (I don't something weird like that...) and it said that I was having a girl... Kellie's was right because it told her she was having a little boy... So it HAD to be true ;).

ANNNND Next... Oakly started gaining weight.. (bless him) and that was also a sure sign of little one being a girl according to google (yes we really did waste that much time...)

ANNNNNNND Next..... ALL of Oakly's siblings are Boys... Its been said that if the Daddy has all brothers he will produce all girls....

So needless to say we were out numbered. Not to mention all of Oaks family was SURE baby was a girl.

Regardless we stuck to our guns and continued to believe that we had a little boy on our hands.

A few weeks before the ultra sound I had a dream that everyone brought me little boy things.

The morning of the ultra sound I had a dream that some how Oakly found out what we were having with out me and came rushing into the room with the sonogram saying "It's a boy, it's a boy!!" (weird dream... but it works).

AND WE HAVE A BOY!!! :)

He is getting really big too. Its craziness!

Well seeing as though this blog post took me three days to finish I better get headed. We have a ton of stuff we are going to do today (happy memorial day!).

Love you all!

More to come, I promise!



2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad for the detailed post and the shout out! And I'm even more glad you are well on your way to having a healthy baby boy!! Now, a baby bump photo, please??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for baby boy Rogers! I can't think of 2 more deserving people to be parents. So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete