Thursday, May 31, 2012

20 WEEKS!

I can't believe I'm already to the half way point. Boy... Has it been a ride. There are some women who have said that they LOVE being pregnant... Well I am not one of those women. I mean it does have its perks such as...

I LOVE that I can feel him inside me.
I LOVE that I now have a bond with him that no one else will.
I LOVE when Oak can feel him kick an he gets so excited.

And honestly that's about it. I love everything about my little guy... Just ya... haha. (is that selfish?)

Any way! I am very grateful for all the experiences I've had with him and truly am so blessed that we get to have such a wonderful little boy. I am grateful that I have the ability to be pregnant and carry my own wonderful children.

Here is the 20 week bump people, 5 months, half way!

Photo: 20 week bump! Half way baby!

I was only supposed to get my bump and not my face... Soooo... No I'm not angry just concentrating... real .....hard......to get a good picture. Ha, yes gotta love it.

Any way! Our Memorial Day weekend was AMAZING. We were able to do so many wonderful and fun things, I really loved it. And being able to be with our friends and family was prime. I'm so grateful also to be reminded of those who have fought for us and for our freedom in this wonderful country!

Saturday we were able to go to the Air Show and while we were there it was really great to be with everyone! Unfortunately mother nature had other plans and the weather turned from bad to worse in a matter of seconds! The show was cancelled and we ended up being a mile away from our car in the pouring rain... My wonderful husband did all he could to keep me warm and dry and I am SOOO grateful for his built in heating system. And... despite his efforts we got to our car SOAKED to the bone. (Don't worry, nothing that a really hot shower within two hours of driving couldn't mend ;)).

That night we were able to go to the temple with our good friends Kevin and Kellie. We haven't done an endowment session for a long time so we decided to catch that session. It was the Hispanic session and it was sooo amazing to be able to be on the flip side of things. I LOVED hearing certain parts in Spanish it was so beautiful and of course my testimony grew tremendously. Oakly was able to get an answer to who he was going to call as secretary in the Elders Quorum... (oh ya, he's the Elder's Quorum President now...its been such a HUGE blessing to us and he LOVES his calling).. And of course we always feel closest to our Heavenly Father while in the temple.

Kellie and I being pregnant (mostly me) needed to stop off and get some food before we started the 45 minute journey home.. We ended up at Dee's at about 10:30 PM and were able to enjoy the creatures of the night that ended up at Dee's ... well that late in the night... Interesting folk.

Oak and I totally forgot that we had to make frog eye salad that night as well for his family dinner that we were going to be to the next day. Soo.... Who knew that frog eye salad takes 16 hours to set? Not I..... We ended up going to bed at 1 AM but it was worth it! The salad turned out and was supreme amazingness!

Sunday we had a ton of fun at his parents home with our nieces and nephews... always love those family dinners!

Monday we had a huge get together as well at our home. We played horse shoes, king pin, roasted hot dogs and marsh mellows and truly had such a fun time! Our drive way is still plastered with all the beautiful chalk art that our nieces created.

All in all the weekend was a success and I think we both are still trying to re-cooperate!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, there's that baby belly. Cute! Sounds like you had a fun weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update please...soon :) love you guys!!
    So excited for your baby!!

    ReplyDelete